A new semester is beginning and some of you are beginning new jobs or internships as maybe a campus representative for The Skimm or brand ambassador for the latest social media app on campus. We have all been there. Anxious in bed the night before your first day and waking up the next morning to mentally prepare yourself for anything you are going to think was “so awkward.”
These are jitters we all experience our first week on the big j-o-b (or i-n-t-e-r-n-s-h-i-p).
1. You have a panic attack.
2. You try to pull together the perfect outfit. First impressions are important, no?
3. You hope you don’t have clammy hands.
4. You walk into the office early every day this week — and it has you feeling like a big shot.
5. How are there are so many people. What’s his name again?
6. Your lunch goes a little like this.: soooo do I eat by myself?
7. Two extremes: You clam up.
8. …Or can’t shut up.
9. When your supervisor asks if you have any questions.
10. This much paperwork. Already?
11. And Emails.
12. You feel exhausted by 3 p.m.
13. You decide to get coffee…by IV drip.
14. When, finally, your boss assigns your first project…
15. …yet you still feel confused.
16. By 5PM you realize how much your couch means to you.
Before you know it, you’ll be a pro and the first week will feel like a distant memory. Good luck Commandos!