COVID-19 has affected how everyone, including the college marketing industry, conducts business for now and for the foreseeable future. While many campaigns have switched to a more digitally-focused footprint, we have assembled guidelines for brand ambassadors and guests to continue face-to-face on-campus marketing safely.
- Require ambassadors to stay behind their tables, creating a physical barrier that ensures 6 feet of distance
- Limit the number of ambassadors staffed per location to maintain recommended distancing practices
- Ambassadors should wear face coverings that meet or exceed CDC recommendations
- Evaluate and restrict tabling based on each campus location to ensure safe distancing:
- Determine how long tabling location(s) can remain set-up at key places on campus
- Do not approach students around campus
- Over-communicate locations and hours
- Leverage your ambassadors’ social networks
- Provide necessary supplies for safe handling of giveaways and restocking of tables
- Hand sanitizer, masks, gloves, disinfecting wipes, etc.
- Utilize digital tools and resources to facilitate tabling while distanced:
- QR codes to scan
- SMS Campaigns
- Geo targeted ads
- Reinforce to ambassadors that we should not be limiting meaningful face-to-face interaction – we are conducting the same dialogue and asking the same questions at a distance
- Create as inviting an atmosphere as possible with signage, banners, balloons, music, and other engaging activities
If your brand is struggling with how to properly execute these types of events on campus, please reach out to Campus Commandos.